‘So disrespectful!’ rage Dancing on Ice fans as they slam show’s treatment of winner Sam Aston – did you see it?

‘So disrespectful!’ rage Dancing on Ice fans as they slam show’s treatment of winner Sam Aston – did you see it?

So disrespectful!' rage Dancing on Ice fans as they slam show's treatment  of winner Sam Aston - did you see it?

DANCING on Ice fans thought that the show was disrespectful last night, with them slamming the treatment of winner Sam Aston.

Coronation Street star Sam, Springwatch presenter Michaela Strachan and former footballer Anton Ferdinand battled it out for the trophy.

Sam Aston and Molly Beth Lanaghan, winners of Dancing on Ice, holding the trophy. 
6

The winners of Dancing On Ice 2025 were announced last night as Sam Aston and Molly Beth LanaghanCredit: Rex

Sam Aston and Molly Beth Lanaghan, winners of Dancing on Ice, holding the trophy. 

Related Articles


Coronation Street legend Audrey Roberts set for big move after 35 years on ITV soap


Coronation Street star lands huge role in BAFTA-winning drama 10 years after leaving soap

6

The Coronation Street star won the show alongside his pro dancerCredit: Rex

Sam Aston and Molly Beth Lanaghan on Dancing on Ice. 
6

Sam and Molly thrilled viewers as they were announced as the winnersCredit: Rex
Corrie star Sam ended up winning the 2025 series alongside professional partner Molly Lanaghan, but fans were totally fuming when they slammed the show’s treatment of him following his win.

When Sam won the show, he spoke briefly to hosts Holly Willoughby and Stephen Mulhern, although many viewers had the same complaint.

Some viewers thought that despite having a chat with the two hosts, Sam didn’t get long enough to speak following his win.

After he was announced as the winner of the series, Sam said that it had been “such a journey”.

He said: “It’s just been such a journey, and a mad one. And was always Molly’s dream to be on this show since watching it as a young girl.”

He then said: “I’ve literally got no words!”

‘DISRESPECTFUL TO WINNERS’

Fans thought that Sam should have spoken for longer following his win, with many flocking to the comments section of Dancing On Ice’s Instagram post announcing the winners.

“So disrespectful not letting the winner talk,” said one.

Another then added: “Didn’t even let the winners speak.”

This comes after we revealed that the hit skating show could be facing the axe.

So disrespectful!' rage Dancing on Ice fans as they slam show's treatment  of winner Sam Aston - did you see it? | The Sun

Insiders say bosses will make a decision this week about the future of the ITV mainstay, which is fronted by Holly and Stephen.

FACING THE AXE?

A source said: “The staffers on Dancing On Ice are saying the show is over and claim they’ve been told as much.

“It’s a mainstay of ITV’s schedule and viewing figures are remarkably less than they were but they still had almost three million watch the launch show.

“There’s no denying, though, that the format has become tired and they’re not getting the big names they once did.

“Changes are needed and it’s likely it’ll be rested and given a new lease of life.”

The source added: “The show’s future hinges on the meetings that follow last night’s finale.

“Dancing On Ice is an expensive production and there are questions over whether ITV is getting bang for its buck.

“Staff working on it aren’t holding out much hope.”

Sam Aston and Molly Beth Lanaghan ice skating on Dancing on Ice. 
6

Sam and Molly danced a slew of different routines on Sunday nightCredit: Rex

A woman ice skater being lifted by four male ice skaters on a rink. 
6

Some fans were divided over the result of the grand finaleCredit: Rex

Sam Aston and Molly Beth Lanaghan, winners of Dancing on Ice, holding the trophy. 
6

Sam lifted the trophy – but viewers had one complaint about the show’s treatment of him and Molly after they won

News

Royal Bombshell: Queen Camilla Thrown Out of Palace After Diana’s Brother Confirms All the Rumors

Royal Bombshell: Queen Camilla Thrown Out of Palace After Diana’s Brother Confirms All the Rumors King Charles Left Reeling in a Storm of Scandal In a jaw-dropping royal scandal, a rumor is sweeping the internet: Queen Camilla has been forcibly removed from Buckingham Palace following a shock confirmation from one of Princess Diana’s brothers. The […]

Royal Coup: Princess Anne Kicks Queen Camilla Out of Palace — King Charles Leaves in Utter Shock

Royal Coup: Princess Anne Kicks Queen Camilla Out of Palace — King Charles Leaves in Utter Shock In a stunning turn of events, a royal confrontation has shaken the foundations of Buckingham Palace. Reports suggest that Princess Anne has forcibly removed Queen Camilla from the royal residence , sending shock and anger across the monarchy. […]

During patrol, I noticed a little girl standing under a tree, crying: when she saw me, she suddenly stopped crying and did something strange

During patrol, I noticed a little girl standing under a tree, crying: when she saw me, she suddenly stopped crying and did something strange During patrol, I noticed a little girl standing under a tree, crying: when she saw me, she suddenly stopped crying and did something strange 😲😲 Today’s shift started as usual. My […]

Harry in Tears After Secret Camera Captures Meghan on the Street — Palace Silent as World Demands Answers

😱 Harry in Tears After Secret Camera Captures Meghan on the Street — Palace Silent as World Demands Answers The royal world has been shaken once again. A secret camera clip has surfaced online, showing Meghan Markle in what some describe as a “compromising” moment on a busy street. The footage, leaked without warning, has […]

Royal Bombshell: Diana’s Old Phone Finally Unlocked — And Her 6 Final Secret Messages Leave the World Stunned

📱 Royal Bombshell: Diana’s Old Phone Finally Unlocked — And Her 6 Final Secret Messages Leave the World Stunned For decades, the world believed the final words of Princess Diana had been lost to history. Her tragic passing in 1997 silenced the voice of the “People’s Princess,” leaving only speculation about what she might have […]

After 2 Years of Gathering Evidence, Princess Anne Releases Paternity Test Results of Harry and Archie: “The Long-Standing Rumor Is True, and the Results Are…”

After 2 Years of Gathering Evidence, Princess Anne Releases Paternity Test Results of Harry and Archie: “The Long-Standing Rumor Is True, and the Results Are…” Recent online headlines have circulated sensational claims about an alleged DNA test involving Prince Harry and his son, Archie Mountbatten-Windsor. One article, in particular, claimed Princess Anne made a public […]

End of content

No more pages to load

Next page